Mar 29, 2015

Best Quotes of Benjamin Franklin


 Best Quotes of Benjamin Franklin

1

Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days. 

2

A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. 

3

A life of leisure and a life of laziness are two things. There will be sleeping enough in the grave. 

4

A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle. 

5

A penny saved is a penny earned. 

6

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment. 

7

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead. 

8

Eat to please thyself, but dress to please others. 

9

Having been poor is no shame, but being ashamed of it, is. 

10

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. 

11

I saw few die of hunger; of eating, a hundred thousand. 

12

I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the    obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.

13

 In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. 

14

It is the eye of other people that ruin us. If I were blind I would want, neither fine    clothes, fine houses or fine furniture. 

15

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late. 

16

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. 

17

The first mistake in public business is the going into it. 

18

There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self. 

19

There was never a good war, or a bad peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...