Mar 30, 2015

Best Quotes of Charles Dickens


Best Quotes of Charles Dickens

1

There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts. 

2

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts. 

3

Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding   dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. 

4

Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand    what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but - I hope - into a better shape. 

5

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. 

6

There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor. 

7

Charity begins at home, and justice begins next door. 

8

To a young heart everything is fun. 

9

My advice is to never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the    thief of time. 

10

Although a skillful flatterer is a most delightful companion if you have him all to    yourself, his taste becomes very doubtful when he takes to complimenting other   people. 

11

I do not know the American gentleman, God forgive me for putting two such words    together. 

12

For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when    its mighty Founder was a child Himself. 

13

It's my old girl that advises. She has the head. But I never own to it before her.   Discipline must be maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...